I call it this because I don't expect anyone to understand what I am about to explain. I was emailing Tim Fox and he was the first person I tried to explain anything of real confusion here in Kinshasa. I told him i was going to put it on the blog because i think it will help a little to show that I can't really explain what is happening here. Trust me, everything that is written here is both confusing and on purpose.
Trust me, you might not get most of this stuff and i might sound insane or just rambling but i think that is the purpose. Alright, where to start, the airport. My first interaction with Kinshasa. Well, i got off the plane and had to hike to the airport terminal. Quite a task. We were then lined up, i miss the point of the lines and went into the wrong line The guys firmly told me to go back into the line i was to go into, which was still not in the terminal I waited till the guy took my passport, vaccination papers, and airplane paper i had to fill out (there go the periods) this was horrible because i was tired and didn't understand what they were saying He looked through it all and then moved me inside Once inside another line for international entering the country I was that Went to window Took my passport vaccination airplane Stared for a long time Confused Why you here Visiting parents No understanding Gave passport Vacc moved me on Man stops me You american yes bags I don't know to right need help my name john i'm Joe over here Joe yes help good Dad sit cokes wait open close open close out we go down sit ride. Okay, i can't handle it anymore...i told you i just can't explain it very well, it is all just inexplicable. Sorry, that all might have been really confusing but I hope you enjoyed the show. I actually think this is a good explanation.
So that is it. Try to understand if you can but I doubt anyone will. I miss you all and hope to hear from you!
Joe C.
Monday, April 23, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
ummmmmmmmm, and? so it was crazy? is that what you are trying to say? are you going insane?
I actually do think I am going insane. Yes, that was the point because I cannot describe it. It is indescribable. The situation was unable to be described. There aren't words for me to use that you could ever truly understand it.
mann that is the best explanation i've ever heard by anyone! :-) that is a very good way to explain the airport! [There isn't any other way.]
Post a Comment