So, for those of you who don't know, my house is still a house. Yes, I still post, though I don't know if people still read. We all are still alive and we all are enjoying the beautiful weather God has given us. I shall try to update everyone on my, Joe Cabalka's, life for my life is the only life I know know about 100%.
School:
It's fine, I am ready to be done and will be done in about 2 weeks. I have an amazing improv class that I got to make a mask in. I will try to get a picture of me with my mask on up here on the computer. I also have to prepare for 2 finals that i have and am not so excited about that. I just really want it to be over.
Friends:
Exciting because Andrew Nelson from my summer project was here till yesterday and Tine got here yesterday. She is here until the end of the week. I am so excited but I don't really get to hang out with her until the start of this next week. Other summer project people are coming up to SLO on Wednesday...I hope. I just miss my summer project friends so much. I have not been as blessed to be able to see them as often as others but whenever I do, it is a cherished time. I also am still loving the guys in my house [i kinda have to say that since they WILL read this ;-)] No, but I really do think that the guys in my house have been exactly what I needed for this year. We shall see where God takes me with friends next year but only he knows that. (Okay, that sounded weird but i got it so that is fine).
Life Changes:
There are a few HUGE life changes for me right now. The first is that my sister, Kierstin, is moving to Portland, OR. I am so excited for her. She leaves on Wednesday. I also am going to be another uncle!!! The next baby is due August 11th. The biggest for me right now is that I am preparing my life to go to Africa and live with my parents for 10 weeks. I will be leaving on March 27th and I can't wait. I think that is why everything else in my life has been so hard. I am ready to go, I mean mentally but not really, so I don't want to think about school or anything else except the flight and the chance to live in DR Congo for 10 weeks. I am going to be job shadowing with missionaries...hopefully. Truly, God is the only one that knows what I will be doing but it is in his hands and I am just ready for him to send me.
Okay, so that wasn't really much about the Heart of Avalon but I am a part of that so a huge change for the guys living here as well. I am excited for them too because without me they are going to be so lost! JK but seriously I think it is going to be a sweet time for me and for them to NOT have me here (it sounds self conceded but again, I know what i mean so i don't really care.) Well, any other questions then ask me in a comment. God loves you and I, isn't that all that matters eternally. Peace,
Joe C.
Saturday, March 10, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Hey I'm happy you're excited about coming here! I still can't believe you're actually coming.... i hope your finals went (or go) well! See ya
don't worry...you still have readers! i still stalker-ishly read this thing when i remember cuz i love knowing what you guys are up to! it's always so entertaining :)
it was a fun surprise to see my name in here this time!
i wish i was still in SLO, but i think it's safe to say that my heart still is! i'm sure i'll be back someday!
i hope your party was amazing last night joe, i'll call you sometime this weekend to wish you an amazing trip one last time!
hope finals are going well!
-tine
Post a Comment